About the Lumsden Duck DerbyRaising money for the Lumsden Sports Association
Duck Derby Rules | Lumsden Duck Derby
2016 Rules of Play for the Lumsden Duck Derby
1. There are no age limits to purchase a duck derby ticket.
2. Members of the Lumsden Sports Association, Duck Derby committee members, immediate family and persons involved in the management of the Lumsden Duck Derby are permitted to purchase a ticket and claim prizes associated with the Lumsden Duck Derby.
3. The following restrictions are in place for prizes in the 2016 Lumsden Duck Derby.
a. Paradise Leisurescapes Freeflow Spas portable hot tub package consists of:
i. Monterey Model hot tub c/w cover
ii. Delivery in Saskatchewan
iii. Starter chemical package
b. Paradise Leisurescapes Woodard outdoor furniture package consists of:
i. 1x Lake Lure Collection loveseat
ii. 2x Lake Lure Collection club chairs
iii. 1x table
iv. FOB Paradise Leisurescapes Regina Office
c. Last Mountain Distillery $500 gift certificate is broken down as follows:
i. $157.50 to be used for a 15 person tour and tasting
ii. $142.50 to be used towards store merchandise (apparel, mini barrels, etc)
iii. $200.00 to be used for Saskatchewan premium spirits
4. The Lumsden Duck Derby race will be conducted on the Qu’Appelle River in Lumsden Saskatchewan. Race results are announced at River Park following the race.
5. Tickets: $5.00 per entry
– Each ticket matches a numbered “racing duck”
– 25,000 rubber ducks will race down the river
– The first twenty-one (21) ducks to cross the finish line will reward their owners with a prize
– Prizes are awarded in the order that the ducks cross the finish line from first to twenty-first
– One duck out of every 3333 sold will be selected as a MILLION DOLLAR DUCK*
Sponsored by Atlas Sanitary Sewer Services
*The Million Dollar Duck
One duck in every 3,333 ducks in the duck race will be randomly selected by SCA Promotions, Inc as a potential winning million dollar duck. The potential winning duck numbers are selected prior to the race and kept in a sealed security envelope. At the conclusion of the race, the race auditors will confirm the First Place duck number. If this duck number is one of the pre-selected potential winning million dollar ducks, the adopter of this duck will be awarded the $1,000,000* grand prize. If the duck number is not one of the pre-selected potential winning million dollar duck numbers, the million dollar prize will not be awarded. In the case that the first place duck is not a million dollar duck, the adopter of that duck will be awarded $20,000(twenty thousand dollars) from the Lumsden Duck Derby.
The million dollar prize is paid in forty (40) equal annual installments of $25,000 each, without interest
6. There are no cash equivalents for prizes awarded, unless otherwise negotiated and agreed to by the prize donor and the prize winner in the process of claiming the prize.
7. All ticket sales are final. There are no refunds once a ticket has been filled out and the ticket stub has been presented to the purchaser of the ticket.
8. There must be only one name present on each ticket. In the event there is more than one name on a ticket, the name appearing first on the ticket will be considered the purchaser of the ticket.
9. Unclaimed prizes will be held in a secure location for a period of one year from the race day. If at that time the prize remains unclaimed, the amount of the prize or cash equivalent will be donated to a charitable beneficiary approved by the SLGA.